Academic excellence starts with a vision that provides strategic direction with measurable and realistic goals. The faculty and staff at St Andrews Country Day School educate within a collaborative culture where love and respect abound.
St. Andrew’s Country Day School (St. Andrew’s CDS) offers small class sizes and curricula that meets or exceeds the common core standards. St. Andrew’s CDS provides the atmosphere, context and content for academic excellence and Christian values for students.
Interested in learning more about our Early Childhood Program (Read More Here); or
Summary of our Primary Grades K-2 (Read More Here); or
Summary of our Intermediate Grades 3-5 (Read More Here); or
Summary of our Middle School Program Grades 6-8 (Read More Here).
Middle States Accredited
St. Andrew’s participates in Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Accreditation and uses the tools and resources to identify our school’s strengths and areas in need of improvement.
• St. Andrew’s identifies and develops resources and professional development programs deemed appropriate through the self-study process.
• St. Andrew’s identifies and expands programs in specialty areas such as early childhood, science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM), music and the arts, gifted education, accelerated programming, programs to meet the needs of diverse learners(RTI) and students with special needs(Resource Center), within the capabilities of the school as discovered through self-study.
St. Andrew’s implements and monitors curricula aligned with the Diocesan Core Curriculum and the New York State Common Core Learning Standards.
• St. Andrew’s participates in New York State assessments and use formative assessments to document student learning outcomes and make informed instructional decisions.
• St. Andrew’s collaborates with school leaders and representatives from the Department of Catholic Schools to analyzeassessment dataand realign instruction to move students toward attaining proficiency in all areas.
• St. Andrew’s utilizes intervention strategies where student achievement is below standardas measured by New York State assessments.
Modern Socratic Method
St. Andrew’s use of the Modern Socratic Method promotes and encourages innovation in the classroom where students are encouraged to develop creative expression and critical thinking.